Twin Cities Private Pilot Training School
Twin Cities Flight Training offers private training for flight students in Minnesota. As a Chapter 141 and Chapter 61 flight student, you will receive top-tier training from our experienced pilots. Being a Chapter 141 flight school means you receive high-level training and ensures you adhere to all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) standards, as well as get the instruction you need to fly safely and confidently.
Our flight instructors have logged thousands of hours of flight time to accommodate your skill level and particular flight needs. To find out more about our flight school, or to sign up for courses, contact us today at 763.780.4375.
How to Obtain Your Private License
To obtain a Private Pilot Certificate, the FAA requires a minimum of 40 hours of flight training at a 14 CFR Part 61 school or 35 hours at a 14 CFR Part 141 school, which includes dual and solo flight time. Students at Twin Cities Flight Training average between 46-52 hours of training before taking the practical exam, well below the national average of 77 hours. We approach training according to individual abilities, learning curves, and needs, and will do everything we can to make your time with us as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
- The FAA requires all students to be at least 16 years of age to become a Student Pilot.
- You must be at least 17 years old to get a Private Pilot Certificate.
- You must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Hold a valid medical certificate. (You can schedule a medical exam with an Aviation Medical Examiner “AME” before or early during your training process).
- Training Costs and Timeline:
Training for your Private Pilot’s License is conducted at your pace and set around your schedule. Our experienced instructors are available 24/7 to ensure you receive exceptional training in all areas of flight. If you want to save time and money, you can accelerate your training by enrolling in courses several times per week.
You’ll Work With…
- Certified and Trained Pro Flight Instructors
Each of our licensed flight instructors have logged an average of 2,500 hours in the air. Therefore, they have the experience and insight necessary to help you fly safely while building your confidence as you improve your skills.
- Throughout the course, you will train with the same instructor until you complete your training. Working with the same instructors builds trust and allows the instructor to fine-tune his or her educational approach to your flying abilities.
- Regulated Training Aircraft
Twin Cities Flight Training offers a wide range of training aircraft including the Cirrus SR20, Cessna C172S, and Piper Warrior II. You will have the option to learn in high-wing, low-wing, and classic models up to glass panel and technically advanced aircraft.
Experience Our 21-Day Private Pilot Course
Our 21-day private pilot certificate accelerated course is designed to expedite your training and get in you in the cockpit much sooner than the average general private pilot training course. This intense training lasts for three weeks. During this time, you will receive the same high-level training as all other students with the goal of obtaining your license much sooner.
In order to complete this program within the 21 day window, students must have completed the following:
- Ground training portion, including the FAA written exam.
- Hold a valid medical certificate
- You must have a Student Pilot certificate
- If you are a foreign student, you must have your TSA flight training approval
- Where to Start:
- Enroll in a course at Twin Cities Flight Training school
- Plan your flight training schedule
- Complete all necessary prerequisites before your first course
- Allow for Some Delays
With accelerated courses, factors such as inclement weather, study habits, and mechanical issues, can influence the time it takes to complete the course.
Sign Up for Flight Courses and Become a Pilot Today!
If you are ready to learn how to fly in Minnesota and beyond, contact Twin Cities Flight Training today. our classes are specifically designed to help you fly safely while improving your skills.
To sign up for our flight courses, call us today at 763.780.4375, or fill out the enrollment form on our contact page.